Thomas L. Veith
- Partner, 1993
Thomas L. Veith joined Bellatti, Fay, Bellatti & Beard in 1990, and became a partner in 1993.
Mr. Veith graduated from Illinois College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting (summa cum laude, 1986). At Illinois College, Mr. Veith sat for the CPA exam, which he passed in May, 1986. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1989.
In 1988, Mr. Veith served as a summer clerk with the law firm of Cain, Hibbard, Myers & Cook in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. He then joined that firm in 1989 as an associate where he concentrated primarily in litigation with a special emphasis on insurance defense.
He is licensed to practice in the State of Illinois, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Mr. Veith is a general practitioner. He has an extensive collection practice representing local and area businesses in Morgan, Scott, Cass, Pike, Brown, and Schuyler Counties. He is also willing to serve as local counsel for other collection attorneys to alleviate time consuming travel.
Mr. Veith practices matrimonial and family law as well. He has assisted husbands and wives through the difficult process of divorce as well as representing fathers and mothers in child custody, visitation, paternity, child support, and college educational expense matters. Mr. Veith has also aided victims of domestic abuse in obtaining orders of protection.
Additionally, his practice includes estate planning, will and trust preparation, estate administration, collegiate law, and real estate conveyances. He also prosecutes property maintenance code and municipal code violations as Assistant Attorney for the City of Jacksonville and the City of Beardstown. He serves as the Attorney for the Village of Ashland.
Mr. Veith holds daily appointments in Jacksonville. He also sees clients at West Central Bank in Ashland every Thursday morning. He has accepted referrals from the Midwest Center on Law and the Deaf.
Mr. Veith is a member of both the Morgan County Bar Association, for which he served as president in 2001, and also of the Illinois State Bar Association. He is a past member of the Massachusetts State and Berkshire County (Massachusetts) Bar Associations.
Mr. Veith has served the Jacksonville community on various boards and committees, including the Crisis Center Foundation, the Wells Center, the Illinois Foundation for Deaf Children, and The Nursery School. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Passavant Area Hospital. He taught Business Law at Illinois College from 1995 - 2015.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family/Matrimonial/Domestic Relations
- Collegiate Law
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, Estate Adminiatration
- Real Estate
- Tax Preparation
- Business & Banking/Commercial
- Illinois, 1991
- Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 1990
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor - 1989
- Illinois College, Jacksonville, Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts - 1986
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Accounting
- City of Jacksonville (Assistant Attorney)
- Illinois College
- Village of Ashland (Attorney)
- Prairieland FS, Inc.
- West Central Bank
- Lincoln Land Animal Clinic, Ltd.
- City of Beardstown (Assistant Attorney)
- Lecturer, Business Law, Illinois College, 1995 to 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 1991 to Present
- Morgan County Bar Association, Member, 1991 to Present
- Morgan County Bar Association, President, 2001 to 2001
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member, 1990 to 1990
- Berkshire County (Massachusetts) Bar Association, Member, 1990 to 1990
Past Employment Positions
- Cain, Hibbard, Myers & Cook in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, Summer Clerk, 1988
- Cain, Hibbard, Myers & Cook in Pittsfield, Massachusett, Associate, 1989
Pro Bono Activities
- Family Law matters with Land of Lincoln Legal Services, 2000 to 2000
- Crisis Center Foundation, Past Board Member
- Wells Center, Past Board Member
- Illinois Foundation for Deaf Children, Past Board Member
- The Nursery School, Past Board Member
- Passavant Area Hospital Board of Directors, Member
- Sigma Pi